What is a half cover silicone sleeve?
The half-cover silicone sleeve also called split-type silicone sleeve, it is different from the full-sleeve type. Its bottom is hollowed out, and the hollowed-out space is where the light strip is installed and hidden.
No need to enter the light strip first, use it immediately after slotting, with built-in ribs, no need to seal
The effect of their installation is very similar, the biggest difference is the process of installation:
Full sleeve type silicone sleeve, before installation, the LED light strip must first enter the sleeve. The half-cover type silicone sleeve does not need to pass the light strip first. The LED light strip should be installed first, and then the half-cover sleeve is covered on the LED light strip.
Refer video here how to use the U shape silicone groove with led strip lights:
What are the characteristics of the half cover type silicone sleeve
half cover silicone sleeve is made of new silicone material, It has a long life, easy to fabricate, simpler, and high transparency. The space in the new silicone light strip is effectively soft and uniform, and the effect of light output is very good!
Bending resistance, easy to shape, good resistance, stable performance,
Good quality, passed the twist test of more than 30,000 times in the factory。
Uniform light emission, no light spots
The left picture below shows the SMD light strip and the half-cover type silicone sleeve. When the SMD light strip emits light, the light spot can be seen.
The picture on the right shows that the half-cover type silicone sleeve is placed on the top of the SMD light strip. There is no light spot, the light is uniform, the light is soft, and it is not dazzling.
The silicone sleeve can be cut arbitrarily, and the cutting tool is also very simple, and it can be cut to any length with scissors.
Silicone material has stable performance, anti-oxidation, no yellowing, and fire resistance
Here's a video that tests some of the features of this product that might be of interest to you.
Very convenient to shape, not only linear, but also curved installation applications
Available in a variety of sizes：
How to install the light strip and silicone sleeve?
A. Methods and steps for installing in the card slot:
1. According to the size of the silicone sleeve, make a hole for the slate or wood. Please note that the size of the opening is the bottom dimension of the sleeve, excluding the size of the sealing edge.
2. Paste the LED strip and test OK
3. Place the semi-silicone sleeve in the tank.
The half-cover type silicone sleeve has an outer edge, which can be directly and firmly embedded with the background board. There is no need to seal the edge indoors. If it is used outdoors or in a humid environment, it is recommended to apply another sealant to prevent moisture. Or waterproof.
Where can silicone sleeves be used?
Sharing some practical cases, hoping to bring some inspiration to designers
Video: RGB dreamcolor magic led strip lights with the silicon led sleeve
In addition, you may also interesting about:
1. Buying guide for cob led strip lights
2. All information about Led Aluminum Profile for LED Strip Lights
3. How to cut/connect/power COB FOB led strip lights
4. COB LED Light Strips Most Complete Introduction
5. How to design and install the soft light belt of the cabinet?
6. Why choose high color redering index? what's CRI?
7. Install LED light strips in these 6 places of your cabinets, which are beautiful and practical
8. Features and applications of COB soft light strips
9. Why light is important for space? how ligth affects the space?
10. How Lighting Design Without Main Lights? 14 question and answer
11. What are application ideas for LED Strip Lighting?
12. Where can led aluminum profiles Extrusions Light Channels be applied?
Sorry! No related records found. Home
End of content
No more pages to load